Sick of restaurants paying you 2 bucks an hour? Tired of getting stiffed by customers who don't tip well (or at all)? Then come let us take care of you at the Shoals Club!
We do things differently at our Club: firstly, all our Servers get paid an hourly base wage of $8.50 - no state 'tip credits' here. On top of that, we add an automatic 18% service charge to EVERY check - it doesn't matter if your table orders one beer or a five-course meal - you are guaranteed at least an 18% tip on every single ticket. PLUS, our generous Membership often adds additional gratuity on top of that automatic service charge, meaning our full-time servers can take home upwards of $1,000 per week during the summer.
So, you wanna come work in Paradise?
As a Country Club Server you would get to look out over the Atlantic Ocean while you take care of our Members by:
- Greeting Members and guests, offering an impeccable level of service
- Knowing the menus inside and out, offering recommendations and pairings
- Upselling specials and other targeted menu items
- Serving with a smile, carefully handling food and beverages
- Adhering to all health and safety regulations
- Displaying a servant's heart by being Humble and Nice
- Possessing a people-person attitude by Smiling and Saying Yes
- Solving Problems, providing solutions, and Inspiring Happiness
- Completing side duties, as assigned, such as prep work and closing duties
- Maintaining a clean work environment
- The preferred candidate would have previous food and beverage experience, preferably in a fine dining or private club environment, but experience is not required - we'll train you!
Banquet Servers are responsible for the professional and timely service of food and drink to all Members and guests attending private events.
Role & Responsibilities
- Create a memorable dining experience for all Members and guests, continually providing excellent customer service with a high level of professionalism
- Maintain assigned section, attending to it for the duration of the event and assisting elsewhere as needed
- Provide high-end service, utilizing proper serving techniques
- Adhere to all health and sanitation codes and guidelines at all times
- Efficiently serve food and drinks in a friendly and courteous manner, adhering to BHIC standards and steps of service
- Check in on Members & guests frequently, keeping drinks full & attending to all of their needs
- Advise management of any complaints as soon as they occur
- Complete all opening, side, & closing duties, as instructed, such as dusting chairs, folding napkins, cleaning highchairs, prepping bread baskets, polishing silverware, resetting tables, etc
- Attend pre-shift meetings, noting any special circumstances
- Consistently adhere to state and local laws regarding the service of alcoholic beverages
- Assist in the daily operation of assigned events, as needed
- Maintain a clean dining room, including tables, side stations, bar areas, etc
- Be detail-oriented and able to prioritize in a fast-paced environment
- Solve problems, work as a team, be a leader, and inspire happiness
- Operate within all guidelines, policies, standards, and constraints as established by the Club, and assist in the implementation of BHIC mandatory standards of operations, as they relate to the Food and Beverage operations.
- Maintain up-to-date credentials, certificates, and licenses, as applicable
- Commit to continuous professional development, keeping abreast with current industry trends, tools, technologies, and opportunities, attending conferences, seminars, and workshops as assigned
Qualifications & Education Requirements
- Must possess appropriate analytical skills, attention to detail, follow-through, creativity,
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally
- Willingness to learn and accept instruction
- Be dependable, prompt, and team-oriented
- Must possess a positive attitude and good work ethic
- High-end customer service experience in a hospitality or private club environment preferred
- Fine dining experience preferred