Position Description Summary
This position is primarily responsible for the general upkeep and maintenance of the Club’s facilities, systems, and equipment, while assisting the housekeeping and house maintenance staff.
Role & Responsibilities
- Complete projects in a timely manner, as assigned.
- Help maintain the Club and its buildings, equipment, grounds, and other Club property.
- Complete maintenance request orders according to the priority, conferring with the Facilities Director as needed.
- Utilize daily, weekly, and monthly checklists for maintenance and housekeeping staff to ensure consistent and timely work.
- Monitor checklists for any issues, ensuring timely completion up to Club standards
- Assist the ordering, inventory, and storage of paper and cleaning goods, as it pertains to maintenance, such as air fresheners, toilet paper, paper towel and soap refills, etc.
- Follow up on projects to ensure timely completion
- Be on call for any facility emergencies that may occur
- Trouble shoot various mechanical issues
- Assist with Developing, maintaining, and documenting a routine preventative maintenance schedule for all areas of the Club and its equipment.
- Inspect, diagnose, and repair equipment, as needed
- Troubleshoot electrical, plumbing, and HVAC issues, as needed
- Coordinate outside equipment vendors when repairs or replacements are needed.
- Conduct cost/benefit analyses for new equipment and projects, submitting proposals for approval.
- Maintain relationships with third party vendors and other outside services, such as dumpster removal, pest control, etc.
- Ensure the safety of the Club by efficiently repairing any items that are broken or dangerous
- Follow all safety protocols and ensure that staff does the same to minimize workplace injuries
- Be familiar with the hurricane preparation plan, and be ready to execute it as needed
- Wear all personal protective equipment, as instructed, making safety a top priority
- Keep a daily log of all work performed, updating the Facilities Director as projects are completed.
- Maintain logs of preventative maintenance, storing on Teams for future access
- Ensure all necessary repairs are performed in a safe and timely manner
- Keep the maintenance areas and shop neat and organized; clean up after each repair
- Perform routine inspections of the Clubhouse restrooms every evening, including a quick clean of sink areas and garbage removal
- Maintain tool and equipment inventory, with organized storage processes
- Communicate with team to ensure all processes are completed smoothly
- Maintain up-to-date credentials, certificates, and licenses, as applicable
Qualifications & Education Requirements
- Working knowledge of electrical, plumbing, and other house maintenance systems
- Ability to demonstrate professionalism with members, guests, and fellow employees
- Maintain a flexible work schedule, which may include weekends and holidays, as needed
- Willingness to learn and accept instruction, communicate, & operate in a team environment
- Must possess a positive attitude and good work ethic
- Ability to perform standard shop duties, such as organizing tools, cleaning, & record keeping
- Carpentry, flooring, painting experience a plus
- HVAC system experience preferred
- Maintenance background required
- Valid driver’s license required
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Because of the fluctuating demands of the Clubs’ operation, it may be necessary for each employee to perform a multitude of different functions; therefore, as an essential part of your job, you will be expected to help others when the occasion arises, just as others are expected to help you while we foster a team environment. Therefore, you may be required to perform other tasks, as needed, that are not included in the above.
- Adhere to all of the various company written mandatory standards of operations, policies and procedures, manuals, memos, and other oral instructions.
- Outdoors in varying types of weather, including rain, in freezing, and extremely hot temperatures
- As needed, indoors in mechanic shop, break room, equipment storage, and clubhouse buildings
- Regularly required to sit, talk, hear, and use hands
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time
- Ability to lift and move heavy objects, in excess of 40 pounds.
- Repetitive motions are required.
- Ability to bend, squat, lift, kneel, and crouch
- Must be able to safely operate a golf cart and other heavy machinery, as needed
- Moderate to heavy lifting, pushing, and pulling is required
- This position has an expected workload of 40 – 45 hours per week, barring special circumstances when overtime may be required; off-season hours may differ.